THEORETICAL TEST comprises a differentiated number of customized questions for each category / subcategory, the passing criteria being the following:
– For category A and subcategories AM, A1 and A2 the test contains 20 questions, the solving time being 20 minutes.
To pass the theory test, the candidate must correctly answer at least 17 questions;
The tests must also include notions of motor vehicle law, specific to the categories and subcategories for which the examination is taken, as follows:
– for category A, and subcategories AM, A1 and A2:
– use of protective equipment, such as: gloves, boots, clothing and helmet;
– the visibility of motorcyclists to other road users;
– the risks related to the different traffic conditions, paying attention also to the slippery sections of the road, the canal mouths, the road markings applied on the road, the tram rails, etc .;
The exam test is preceded by 3 accommodation questions. Regardless of the correctness of the answers to the 3 accommodation questions, the candidate will proceed to solve the actual test.
Foreign citizens can do school in Romania only if they have a RESIDENT VISA.
THE PRACTICAL TEST for driving vehicles of category A and subcategories AM, A1 and A2 shall be taken in testing grounds having the dimensions and equipment as outlined in the annex below. The logistical means necessary for the examination at the practical test are provided by the driving school where the candidate training courses were conducted.
Minor candidates between the ages of 16 and 18 to be examined must submit a notarized statement, which may be from a parent, guardian or person in whose care or supervision he / she is.
(Candidates for category A MUST BE 24 YEARS OLD)
PRACTICAL TEST CARRIED OUT IN THE POLYGON INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING MANEUVERS
a) lowering the motorcycle from the jack / support bracket with the engine stopped and moving it over a distance of 5 m in a space with a width of 0.5 m, without the aid of the engine, going next to the vehicle to the place of departure. Failure to fit in the space delimited by the side marking, failure to stand upright on the two wheels or failure to perform the test shall be penalized;
b) the sinuous walking between the milestones, consisting in the continuous traversing, with the help of the engine, of a route between 5 milestones. Touching one of the milestones, not being in the space delimited by the side marking or supporting with the ground foot is penalized;
c) the execution of eight between 4 poles, consisting in the continuous execution of 6 such maneuvers, 3 maneuvers in one direction and in the other, with the beginning of the execution from the left side of the last milestone. Touching one of the milestones, not being in the space delimited by the side marking or supporting with the ground foot is penalized;
d) moving in a straight line, consisting in covering with the help of the engine a distance of 50 m in a space with a width of 0.5 m, with the left arm raised horizontally. Failure to fit in the space delimited by the side marking or support with the ground foot is penalized;
e) climbing the motorcycle on the jack / support bracket. Failure to perform this maneuver is penalized.
During the practical test, the examiner checks the following skills and behavior specific to category A and subcategory A1 respectively:
– preparation and control of the vehicle in terms of traffic safety. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to prepare to drive safely, in compliance with the following requirements:
– be equipped with protective equipment, such as gloves, boots, clothing and a safety helmet;
– perform a brief check of the condition of the tires, brakes, steering, emergency stop switch, if any, chains, fluids as well as engine oil, coolant and the like, lights, devices reflectors, direction indicators and audible warning device;
SPECIAL MANEUVERS to be tested for road safety:
1. placing the motorcycle on the jack / support bracket or lowering it from the jack / support bracket and moving it without a motor, passing the vehicle;
2. motorcycle parking on the jack / support;
3. performing at least two low-speed maneuvers, including a slalom; this should make it possible to assess the handling of the clutch in combination with the brake, balance, visual direction and position on the motorcycle, as well as the position of the feet on the footrests;
4. performing at least two high-speed maneuvers, one of which is at a second or third speed of at least 30 km / h, and a maneuver to avoid an obstacle at a minimum speed of 50 km / h; this should make it possible to assess competence in motorcycle position, direction of vision, balance, steering and shifting techniques;
5. braking: perform at least two braking exercises, including emergency braking at a minimum speed of 50 km / h; this should make it possible to assess the ability to operate the front and rear brakes, the direction of vision and the position on the motorcycle.
The practical test of driving the motorcycle in the polygon is promoted by the candidates who in a period of 4 minutes did not accumulate more than 15 penalty points.
The candidate shall be declared rejected, regardless of the number of penalty points accumulated or the time elapsed for taking the tests, if:
– fell on the motorcycle;
– did not follow the route in the polygon
The candidate is not allowed to take the practical test if he / she has presented himself / herself without being equipped with the equipment mentioned above, and will be rescheduled under the conditions provided by law.
Polygon motorcycle exam
Maneuvers at the practical test in the training ground, according to the provisions of art. 15 para. (3) of Order no. 12 din 17.06.2013.
Description of the special maneuvers at the practical test in the training ground according to the provisions of art. 15 para. (4) lit. b of Order no. 82 from 17.06.2013.
THE PRACTICAL TEST CARRIED OUT ON THE ROUTE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING MANEUVERS
When taking the practical test on the route for category A and subcategories A1 and A2, the candidate will drive accompanied, on the same vehicle, by an instructor from the driving school. The examiner supervises the candidate in a motor vehicle belonging to the driving school and driven by an employee within it, and the communication between the examiner and the candidate is carried out by means of technical means of radiocommunications.
During the practical test on the route, the examiner monitors the behavior of the candidates, depending on the category of vehicle, as follows:
Skills and behavior to be tested, specific for category A and subcategories A1 and A2:
1. to leave a parking place, to leave again after a traffic stop, to leave a side road;
2. to use straight roads, to meet vehicles, including in narrow passages;
3. to approach curves;
4. to enter and cross intersections and junctions;
5. to change direction: to turn right or left, to change the lane;
6. to enter / exit a highway or similar road, if applicable; to move from the acceleration / exit lane to the deceleration lane;
7. to overcome other vehicles, obstacles, parked vehicles; be overtaken by other vehicles, if applicable;
8. to comply with the rules established in the area of special road arrangements, if applicable: roundabouts, level crossings, bus-tram stops, pedestrian crossings, climbing ramps, descending slopes, as well as traffic in tunnels;
9. drive in such a way as to ensure safe travel and reduce fuel consumption and pollutant emissions through acceleration / deceleration maneuvers, as well as speed selection, as appropriate;
10. be careful and take safety precautions before getting off the vehicles.